- Listed: December 17, 2014 1:23 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Car insurance is a major expense for many households, but it’s important to have. A good car insurance policy is essential when trying to get back on the road after car insurance an accident. So what should you look for when shopping for car insurance? Here are a few tips to keep in mind.
Adding value to your car is not a good thing, if you want to save money on your insurance policy. A nice stereo system, rims and tinted windows may look nice driving down the street, but this added value will be reflected in your monthly premiums. Keep it simple, if you want lower insurance payments.
Most student drivers pose a higher risk to auto insurance companies because their age bracket is statistically involved in more accidents, but students can combat this by simply making the honor roll. Students with good grades are less likely to get behind the wheel of their cars drunk or having taken drugs, and insurance companies know this.
If you really want to save a lot of money on automobile insurance, you can waive almost every type of insurance available except for state-mandated liability coverage. Liability coverage protects other drivers on the road more than you, so this is required for all drivers. But other types of coverage are not required and you can save big money by leaving them off.
When shopping for vehicle insurance coverage for your teen, ask your agent to give you a quote, both as a separate policy and also as an addition to your existing policy. Depending on the vehicles involved it is sometimes cheaper overall to buy them a different policy.
If you are just buying a car for jetting around town, see if your insurance company offers discounts for low mileage driving. The less you drive, the less likely you are to have an accident that your insurance will have to pay for. Most companies recognize this with discount offers.
Better your eye focus while you are driving. Let your vision focus on something far away, such as an oncoming car, and then quickly look at your speedometer. Continue doing this as the car approaches, and every time you drive. You will eventually find that your eyes are focusing much faster than before!
If you are serious about saving money on automobile insurance, think about downsizing the number of vehicles you use. If your family can get by on only one car, you will save a substantial amount of money. Not only will you pay less for your insurance policy, but you’ll also see savings in your monthly car maintenance bills.
When looking to purchase car insurance, get advice from people you know. You might find out that others have done research and they will give you what they found. Feel free then, to contact every referral that is given to you and reference the person who gave it to you. This could help you find someone with a good rate.
The amount of competition can make your head spin if you’re not sure how to approach insurance in general. These tips deal specifically with auto insurance and the many ways you can work to save money over the life of your policy. Follow them closely if you want those savings to really pile up.
399 total views, 2 today
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: Russo Alfonzo
- Member Since: October 10, 2014
Other items listed by Russo Alfonzo
- Help On Getting The Car Insurance That You Need
- How To On Car Insurance
- Making It Easy To Save Big On Car Insurance Packages
- Before You Insure Your Car Read These Handy Tips
- Car Insurance Is More Affordable Than You Think
Popular Ads Overall
- Some People Excel At Citi Cards Payment Online And Some Don’t – Which One Are You? (22338 views)
- 3 Tips With Card Citibank (15870 views)
- Sign Hotmail Inbox Is Bound To Make An Impact In Your Business (15852 views)
- Why Aol.com Number Is No Friend To Small Business (13065 views)
- Why You Need A No Credit Card Itunes (11445 views)
- The Justin Bieber Guide To Login To Aol Email (10138 views)
- How To Wrap A Bear Grylls Paracord Knife (9174 views)
- Generating The Most Out Of Your Way Of Life Insurance Policy (8979 views)
- Why My Yahoo.com Login Is Better Than Yours (8023 views)
- Rumored Buzz on Facebook Login Exposed (6756 views)