- Listed: December 29, 2014 7:05 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
You do not go out and buy the first car that you find. You should shop around for your car insurance that protects that car the same way that you shopped around for your car. These tips were written to help you during your auto insurance shopping and purchasing experience.
Not many people know that taking a driver’s ed course can save them on their insurance. This is usually because most people who take driver’s ed do so out of a court mandate. Often times however, even someone who has not been mandated to take driver’s ed can take it, call their insurance company with the certification, and receive a discount on their policy.
When keeping down the cost of auto insurance, protect your no-claims record. If you have several years of auto insurance with the same company and you have not needed to file any claims, avoid filing a small claim. The increase in your premiums will be more expensive than simply covering the small claim damage out of pocket.
Drivers who do not file insurance claims are entitled to big discounts. Make sure you broach this no-claims topic after you have been with the same insurance carrier for a few years. Drivers with five years of filing no claims can be rewarded with up to 75% off of their premium payments. Now that’s some big-time savings.
If you can afford it, try to pay your automobile insurance premium in full. If you loved this post and you would like to receive details relating to new drivers insurance kindly visit our own web site. By paying in full, you may be able to avoid the interest charges that may be added by paying with monthly payments. Some companies will also provide you with a discount for paying your premium in full.
Join an appropriate car owners’ club if you are looking for cheaper insurance on a high-value auto. Drivers with exotic, rare or antique cars know how painfully expensive they can be to insure. If you join a club for enthusiasts in the same situation, you may gain access to group insurance offers that give you significant discounts.
You should not let your insurance coverage lapse. If you are not able to pay for your insurance policy in full, you should call and talk to an agent. If you allow the policy to lapse it is very possible that you will not have coverage should an accident take place. That is a big risk that can be avoided by making a simple phone call.
Instead of spreading out your car insurance payments, pay it yearly or every six months. If you pay monthly, there could be a surcharge of between $3 and $5. This may seem insignificant, but this can drain your wallet. This can be troublesome with your other bills. The fewer payments, the better.
Ask your auto insurer if you can get a discounted rate if you pay for your monthly policy by automatic electronic funds transfer. Some companies give a discount for payments made by automatic EFT transfer because they do not need to send you a bill and they do not need to process any payment checks from you.
So as you can see buying auto insurance is not all that complicated. It does involve quite a bit of research, asking questions, and providing documentation, but it is worth it. With the above tips in mind, you should be smarter when it comes to buying auto insurance for your car.
393 total views, 1 today
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: Keighley Antonetta
- Member Since: November 3, 2014
Other items listed by Keighley Antonetta
- You Can Get Great Car Insurance
- Great Advice On How To Get Good New Drivers Insurance Rates
- Good Information About New Drivers Insurance That Will Help You
- Jumping Over The Bad Packages To Find Affordable New Drivers Insurance
- Things You Need To Know About New Drivers Insurance
Popular Ads Overall
- Some People Excel At Citi Cards Payment Online And Some Don’t – Which One Are You? (23242 views)
- 3 Tips With Card Citibank (16991 views)
- Sign Hotmail Inbox Is Bound To Make An Impact In Your Business (16606 views)
- Why Aol.com Number Is No Friend To Small Business (14566 views)
- Why You Need A No Credit Card Itunes (12672 views)
- The Justin Bieber Guide To Login To Aol Email (12616 views)
- How To Wrap A Bear Grylls Paracord Knife (9669 views)
- Generating The Most Out Of Your Way Of Life Insurance Policy (9112 views)
- Why My Yahoo.com Login Is Better Than Yours (8807 views)
- Rumored Buzz on Facebook Login Exposed (7552 views)